Thursday, September 1, 2011

HOME SWEET HOME

We arrived home safely. It was a very rough flight full of turbulence. I wanted to kiss the ground when we stepped off of the plane. Ava did great and seems to feel at home here.

Our home is destroyed...it looks like a war zone. I have already made a few calls to our insurance companies. It's going to be a rough couple of days. I need to find someone to pump our basement as our first course of action.

I will post more soon. Right now...I feel like a truck hit me. I'm so thankful to be home with my two beautiful girls even though our home is out of sorts. Regardless, I am one blessed Mommy.


5 comments:

Tina Michelle said...

You are all in my thoughts. I hope things get fixed soon.

Amy said...

So happy you are safe at "home" Looking forward to pictures of your two beautiful daughters.

Anonymous said...

So relieved to read your post.
If we can help we will.
Sounds like it's going to take a bit of time to get a new normal but so happy to hear you are safely back home.
Love,
Aunt Ann

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the flooding - so sad to see everyone suffering from the flood. Good luck in pulling everything back together. However, I know you guys are stong and will make it throuh.

TanyaLea said...

So glad you are home safe. I know it's not the 'home' you'd like to be in right now, but this is just a season (a tough one, I know!) and it will pass. There's likely to be some pretty rough seas ahead yet, but I know God is there with you, and He will see you through!

Hang in there, friend. I am SO, SO sorry for your loss and the damage. I pray it is resolved sooner rather than later. Keep us posted if there is ANYTHING we can do from here.

And just keep your arms wrapped around your babies and the HUGE blessings they are. You will find strength in that alone.

Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya