Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A LONG OVERDUE "THANKS A MILLION"

Only one week after we returned from China, we received a box o' goodies in the mail. I don't know about you but I love love love getting goodies in the mail. Natalie from The Kummer Family Circus sent Halainah several really cute outfits, awesome hats, beautiful headband bows, (I am a sucker for bows) cool stickers for scrapbooks, material for her 100 Good Wishes Quilt, (family hasn't even sent their quilt squares for Halainah) and a very touching card. Tony met Natalie about 2 years ago on his Christian boards and has remained friends since, speaking via e-mail often. Natalie has said numerous prayers for us to unite with Halainah and to bring her home. And Natalie prayed even harder for us when mountain after mountain appeared in our way. The box o' goodies was such a wonderful surprise and I loved every part of it. It was a never ending box so packed to the brim with the cutest clothes ever and the hats and bows...BEAUTIFUL. You can make any ordinary outfit look like an expensive boutique ensemble with a hair bow or hat. She has already worn several of the outfits. I think I need to take Halainah to get professional pictures taken. So we waited way too long for this thank you. Natalie, thank you so very very much from the bottom of our hearts for all of Halainah's goodies. We never met you in person but you have been a true friend to our family and a blessing to Halainah. Thank you so much for everything and most importantly for all of your countless prayers you said to bring Halainah home. May God bless you and your family always.

Halainah went for her ultrasound of her kidneys and bladder today to make sure that she was not harmed by the tainted baby formula. I remember how scared we were when the news broke out about China's tainted baby formula. Infants were dying and thousands were sick. Tony and I felt so helpless that Halainah was on the other side of the world and we couldn't protect her. We prayed and prayed that God would keep her safe. And he has in so many ways. The results were perfect. She has very healthy kidneys and bladder. Thank you dear lord for your many blessings.

Afterwards I took her for blood work. Tons of blood work. 6 or 8 vials...I can't remember. All I know is that I had to restrain her on my lap while they searched for a vein. They must have untied and tied that stupid rubber tie on each arm a dozen times. After 1 nurse quit trying, the next nurse came in and got her vein right away, oh thank god. But Halainah screamed louder than I have ever heard her. She was completely saturated with sweat and tears by the time they were done. I had to sit in the waiting room for 2o minutes when I was done to dry her off and console her. I didn't want to take her outside soaking wet in this frigid weather. I'll keep you posted with all test results. Halainah's cardiologist appointment is on February 18th.


Halainah sitting in the box o' goodies that Natalie sent. Look at all of the adorable clothes, hats and bows. Thank you so very very much Natalie!
Halainah in the box overwhelmed by Natalie's generosity!
I am a happy happy girl cause I am going to look way too cute in my new clothes!

Halainah wearing a most adorable hat that luckily will match any coat, thanks Natalie!
Halainah sporting another hat that Natalie sent, oh I am such a beautiful China doll!
Add a hair bow to a $5 outfit and presto, looks like I spent a fortune. Well it also helps to be a beauty!

I love all of my gifts...thanks Natalie!
Riding on my elephant, I love my life!
It was a rough day today after the ultrasound and all of that blood work. Halainah didn't make it through dinner!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, you are all so welcome! I couldn't have gotten a better thank you than seeing those pictures :) I am so happy it all went to such a good home, LOL! It always bums me out when I have to store something away that Lauren didn't even get to wear and it makes me happy to be able to share them with someone else. You've made my day, and I want you to know that I feel just as blessed to have been able to share this most precious journey to your new family. I'm still just overjoyed for you all.

LOVE the hats on her! Lauren only wore the black one I think once for Christmas, and I don't think she wore the fur-trimmed one at all except for me taking a couple of pictures. I actually ended up with 2 of them because they ran big, and that one was way too big on her at the time. So I got a second smaller one so she could wear it because I loved it so much. I just HAD to pass it on. I haven't been able to get her to keep hats on for a long time, though, except when we went out in the snow last week. Could never get her to keep headbands on, either, much to my bow-making shagrin ;) Luckily, I can now get her to keep bows on clips in her hair.

Halainah is just gorgeous, and shining with happiness. I am so happy that all of her medical tests keep coming back good and she's is so healthy. She is truly a blessing.

Now, if you put her in that leopard outfit, you MUST post a picture! I had to send it because I knew she would look beautiful in it with her coloring. She IS a little China doll!

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Okay so this is so not fair! We wanna play with Lainey! When is it our turn! :)

We love you and miss you!

Hopefully see you soooooooonnnnn!!!
Billy and Alyssa

P.S. Can the fabric for the quilt be any kind of fabric?