Thursday, February 26, 2009

UNDER THE WEATHER...AGAIN

Well I thought that Halainah was feeling better. Yesterday was a good day for her. She laughed and played and her fever was very low grade all day. But today was another bad day for Lainey bug. This afternoon I noticed a sore on her hand. It almost looks like a spider bite. I posted a picture so you can see how yucky it looks. It bothered her too as she would point to it all day long. But late this afternoon her fever jumped high again. All she wanted was to be held and she just moaned and moaned. This is so very frustrating as I really thought she was getting better. So off to the doctor we went...once again. They ran tons of tests...all of which she screamed for. But Halainah was terribly upset when the doctor took a scalpel and cut open the sore on her hand so that they could collect a sample of the puss. My poor little angel screamed and cried and screamed and cried. We still don't know what it is. The doctor said it could be a staff infection, it could be MRSA. MRSA is very serious so please keep Halainah in your prayers that this is not the case. We should have the results back by Saturday. All of this is going on and I'm trying to prepare for her Baptism. Halainah will be Baptized on Sunday March 1st. I pray that she will feel better for her very special sacred day.


This is the sore that I found on Halainah's hand this afternoon...YUCK!

Halainah had a rough night at the doctors. Her hand is now bandaged and she doesn't like it!
Alorah the kitty cat is sniffing Halainah's boo boo to see if she is OK.

My poor sweet little angel!
Halainah is eating a Pedialyte ice pop so she stays hydrated!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Awwww...poor little sugar! I HATE when they are sick. So pitiful and just not themselves. On the other hand, it can be good for snuggle time ;) All of mine are past the snuggly age and those moments are fleeting around here.

I'll be praying that the tests come back okay! (((HUGS))) to little Halainah!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Sorry guys..
Can not believe Lainey is sick again! I will be praying for restored health for her most special SACRED day.
What the heck is going on with this MRSA..if we did not live apart I would swear we were sharing the germs..lol..
Well much prayers..that it is NOT MRSA..
With lots of love,
Annmarie and the gang....