Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MOMMA'S HIDDEN TREASURE

I think we are at the tail end of Halainah's terrible cold. She was so much better today and slept in until 11:00. I think she needed to catch up on the lack of sleep from the last few days. I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute with my sweet angel in the last month and a half of being home. It saddens me terribly to know that one day soon I will need to return back to work. I will eventually have no choice but to leave my daughter with complete strangers at a daycare. Strangers are going to raise my daughter and watch her grow up. I went all the way to China to find my hidden treasure and bring her home and now I am faced with the awful truth that I will need to return to work in order to provide for my daughter. I will leave my fears and worries to the lord for now. I will trust that he will shine the light for me on the path that I am supposed to take. For now, I am going to treasure every second of every day with my precious hidden treasure. You see, it doesn't matter if the laundry is done or the house is spotless. What matters is to give my daughter all the love that I have and make her feel that she is the most special little girl in the whole wide world. Halainah must know that her mommy loves her all the way to the moon and back.

Halainah received a new toy this weekend to brighten up her mushy spirit. She had so much fun with the box for the first hour. And the fun really began once it was put together. Her ride on Lion was a complete hit. She forgot how terrible she felt for a little while.

Halainah loved playing with her new toy, I didn't even have to take it out of the box!
Once her Lion was put together she was fascinated!


Halainah's nose was still running like a faucet in this picture!

This is so much fun!


My little girl is getting so big and she is oh so beautiful!


Halainah drove her Lion into the kitchen and stopped for some magnet fun!


After some fun in the kitchen she drove back to the living room!


Don't I look beautiful with my new earrings?


My hidden treasure crawls all over the house now!

Mommy, can we leave now to go to Aunt Bonnie's and Uncle Mario's?


2 comments:

Natalie said...

(((HUGS))) to you, Deanna. I can imagine how difficult the prospect of going back to work is. I wish I lived close because I would babysit Halainah in a heartbeat! She and Lauren could play together. Anyway, just pray, and continue to explore your options. With God, all things are possible. After all, He took you all the way to China to find your daughter!

If you are working full-time, perhaps a time will come that you will be able to work part-time. Are there any work-at-home opportunities at your place of work? Are there other options for you? Whatever happens, I know what wonderful parents you and Tony are, and Halainah will always know that. With time and prayer, I hope that you will be able to create your ideal situation for your family. Hang in there!

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry that you will need to return to work soon. I can so remember being in your position and I was heartbroken as well. The truth is that the first week back at work was awful. However, once I realized that my son was fine without me - it got much better. Also, when I was home on my leave with him, I did enjoy it, but evey minute of every day was not true quality time. Then when I went back to work and only had evenings with him... I made sure those few hours a day were quality. For me, once I realized that my time with him every day was so short - I worked much harder at keeping those few hours together a day quality.

I don't know if that makes any sense! I'm still waking up and the words just aren't coming easily:) I hope and will pray that your transition back to work will be smooth.